Puppies and Kittens Are Welcome
Bringing home a new puppy or kitten feels wonderful! At FM 1488 AMC, we love to meet new additions to your pet family, and we are committed to providing excellent veterinary care for dogs and cats of all ages.
We strongly believe that consistent preventive medical care helps new pets get started on the right track to good health. We partner with you to ensure your new puppy or kitten receives personalized care focused on their individual needs, and truly enjoy getting to know all about you and your new best friend.
Bring your puppy or kitten to FM 1488 Animal Medical Center as soon as possible for their first visit to the vet. We provide the following services:
- Full physical exam – from nose to tail.
- Fecal testing - we have an on-site laboratory for rapid results.
- Vaccinations – vaccine requirements will depend on age*:
- Puppies: DHPP, DHLPP, Bordetella, Rabies
- Kittens: Feline Leukemia and FIV testing AND FVRCP, Feline Leukemia, Rabies vaccinations
- Intestinal dewormer
- Heartworm, flea, tick, and intestinal parasite prevention
- Spay and neuter recommendations
- Nutritional information
- Microchipping – a microchip helps your lost pet get back home. FM 1488 AMC offers microchip identification for all pets.
*Please ask us about our puppy and kitten packages which include recommended vaccines and boosters for a healthy first year.
Puppy Care Guides
Are you wondering how to take care of your new puppy? We can help – get valuable information from our detailed booklets:
If you’re just starting out on puppy training, here are some recommended resources:
- The FUNdamental Dog — positive, force-free dog training.
- Lone Star Dog Training — customized, in-house training programs.
To learn more about our puppy and kitten services, please contact us or book an appointment online.